Columbiana City Hall is located at 107 Mildred Street, Columbiana AL 35051.
Columbiana is situated in the Coosa Valley and in the rich mineral district of Shelby County. Joseph Howard was the first settler, followed by William Akin. The two for many years owned the lands on which the town is built. Leonard Tarrant came in 1826. In that year the county seat was permanently located at Columbiana. The courthouse was built by Thomas Rogers, and Judge Joab Lawler was the first judge to preside in it. The post office also was established in 1826. The town was first called Columbia, but was changed to the present name when the post office was established.
Among the prominent settlers and residents of the town are Thomas and Samuel Brasher, Isiah George, the first teacher, Dr. Carter Roberts, the first physician, David Owen, Abner and James Hughes, Isaac Williams, Fox Rushing, Lewis Sentell, John W. Teague, France Genet, Isaac Estill, William Johnston, Thomas Rogers, Jesse Roberts, Lemuel Moore, Jesse Roach, and Joab Lawler.
There was an iron foundry in Columbiana before the War, and during the War C. B. Churchill operated a foundry for the Confederate Government. It was burned in 1865.