Bay Minette City Hall is located at 301 Doline Street, Bay Minette AL 36507.
Bay Minette was first settled by the French. It took its name from a French woman, who lived on a bayou at the mouth of Bay Minette Creek. The town was established in 1861 when the railroad was constructed. The first settler was William Wright; the first physician Dr. J. D. Trammell; first preacher, Rev. Mitchell, Baptist; the first schoolteacher and postmaster, Miss Annie Byrne. Among the early settlers were the Stanmeyer, Thompson, Hastie, Silva, Byrne, Dolive and Carney families.