Shadow Lawn Historic District
The Shadow Lawn local historic district is a residential enclave of 14 homes built primarily during the 1920s. Three newer homes were built in 1950, 1961 and 1982, respectively. The development was initiated by Judge John H. Crooker in 1923. The newer homes were designed by contemporary architects as their personal residences. Architects of the earlier homes include: William Ward Watkin, Joseph W. Northrup, Jr., Harrie T. Lindeberg, John Staub, Maurice J. Sullivan, Cameron D. Fairchild, Lee W. Lindsay, Vance D. Phenix, Hiram A. Salisbury and Wilie W. Vale. Architectural styles include Colonial Revival, French Eclectic and Tudor.
Access to the Shadow Lawn neighborhood is from Bissonnett Street onto Shadow Lawn Street.