Watsontown Borough Hall is located at 318 Main Street, Watsontown PA 17777; phone: 570-538-1000.
Incorporated from Turbot Township, November 4, 1867. Named for John Watson, an original purchaser of the site, May 13, 1792. The land was first a part of the officer's survey, warranted to Lieutenant Daniel Hunsicker (February 1769), for his military services. A part of the present borough was also on the warrant granted to Lieutenant Nicholas Haussegger, for services in the same war. When Watson made his purchase from John Harris, the tract was called Elmdon, and embraced nearly the entire town site. When the place was laid out it was known as Slabtown. The owner conducted a hotel and store. The post office was opened January 10, 1828, Edmund L. Piper postmaster. A part of the town was a racetrack between 1830 and 1840. The opening of the railroad in 1854 was a boon for the town. In 1856 Moses Chamberlin and William Folmer erected a sawmill. Ario Pardee came in 1866. The Watsontown-White Deer Bridge spans the West Branch of the Susquehanna River.