Northampton County Courthouse
The Northampton County Courthouse, 609 Walnut Street, on a wide lawn that stretches to the top of the hill, was erected in 1860-1. A combination of Greek Revival and Victorian-Gothic styles, it is of limestone and red brick. The main portico has six huge Corinthian columns; a tall slender tower rises above the pediment. The prison building alongside, of limestone and brick, is connected with the courthouse by a 'Bridge of Sighs.' The turrets and towers of the prison are early Tudor in design, giving the structure the appearance of a medieval fortress.