Elmwood Park Zoo
1661 Harding Boulevard
Founded in 1924 the Elmwood Park Zoo was operated by the Borough of Norristown as part of Elmwood Park through 1984. In 1985 the Norristown Zoological Society obtained non-profit status and took over the operation. Since then it has expanded three times.
The 16 acre facility is home to approximately 150 animals. The zoo is open year-round.