"A suburban community was established after the Pennsylvania Railroad opened a station here in 1890. It was named for Daylesford, a tourist resort in Australia, and its growth was slow until A. Edward Newton, raconteur and owner of the country's greatest collection of first editions, moved to that section of Tredyffrin Township. Daylesford Village, started by Melvin G. Long in 1951, is an adjoining village of comfortable houses set in spacious grounds." 
Note, homes built in the early 1950s are found along Martin Lane and Revere Road, probably the "Daylesford Village" mentioned above. These homes appear to be about 1,400 sq. ft. on lots close to one-half acre.