banner search whats new site index home

Madisonburg


Madisonburg [1] was laid out by Jacob Reber, in 1816, and first called "Jacobsburg." When the post office was established, in 1830, the name was changed to honor President James Madison. Population in 1940 was 1,030.

  1. Godcharles, Frederic A., Chronicles of Central Pennsylvania, 1944, 4 volumes, Lewis Historical Publishing Company, New York

Madisonburg Map

Street Names
East Street • Madisonburg Pike • Route 445 • West Street

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 215-295-6555 • 105140 • Privacy