Township municipal offices are located at 174 East Main Street, Rebersburg PA 16872; phone: 814-349-8218.
Miles township embraces Brush valley proper, the arable portion of which was taken up by warrants by Colonel Samuel Miles, whose name is preserved in that of the township. Surveys on these warrants were made in 1773 and 1774. It was settled by Pennsylvania Germans of Lutheran and Reformed creed and the first church in the valley was erected where Rebersburg now stands in 1804-1805. The church records of births and baptisms dates back to July 9, 1792. Rebersburg, the principal town, was laid out in 1809 by Conrad Reber. The first mill (at Centre Mills) in the township was erected by Mr. Kreamer prior to 1798. Miles township was organized in 1797 by a decree of the Court of Northumberland county and is one of the original townships of Centre county. Its post-offices are Madisonburg, Centre Mills, Wolf's Store and Rebersburg. Population of Miles township in 1850, 1306; in 1860, 1147; in 1870, 1325; in 1880, 1512; in I890, 1438.