Note: Some of the following information was from an early (1987) proposal document and, likely, some details changed during the rehabilitation.
The Waterworks is a rehabilitation of Union Mill as 62 luxury condominium residences developed by River Road Development Corp. circa 1988. It sits between the Delaware Canal and Delaware River.
The original plan called for 17 one-story units, 38 two-story units, and 7 three-story units. Approximately 40 of the units have river views.
One bedroom units (3) range from 835 to 1,000 sq. ft., 2-bedroom; two bedroom units (57) range from 1,100 to 1,900 sq. ft., and three bedroom units (2) are 1,650 and 1,800 sq. ft. respectively.
46 of the units have decks. There are assigned parking spaces and storage bays in the underground parking garage.
The Union Mills on the Delaware just below the town, has retained its name since 1817, when Lewis S. Coryell and Joseph D. Murray had a grist and saw mill.
In 1875 James Patton used the Mill for barytes and chemicals for coloring calicoes. In 1880 the property was used as a paper mill.
School District: New Hope-Solebury