Charing Cross is a townhome subdivision built by Granor-Price Homes circa 1993. Interior living space of the different models (not including finished basements): 1,340, 1,360, 1,650 and 1,937 sq. ft. Home owners pay a monthly association fee which covers snow and trash removal, lawn maintenance, common area maintenance, exterior maintenance, tennis court, tot lot and pedestrian paths.
Models are 2 and 3 bedroom units, 2 1/2 baths, some with garage, master sitting room and/or family room.
Access to the Charing Cross neighborhood is from Old Dublin Pike onto Charing Cross Drive.
Charing Cross lies just outside the Doylestown Borough city limits. It is less than 1 mile from the Doylestown Shopping Center which features two major grocery stores and 2 pharmacies along with dozens of other shops and stores.
Nearby Recreational, Cultural & Educational Places
- Delaware Valley College — ranked ... one of the best comprehensive colleges ... by U.S. News & World Report, 2009; founded in 1896 as the National Farm School, the college has always been closely associate with W. Atlee Burpee's Fordhook Farm.
- Fonthilll — listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Fonthill was the home of the noted archeologist and anthropologist, Dr. Henry C. Mercer. Mercer is noted for his collection of rapidly vanishing artifacts of the pre-industrial Pennsylvania crafts and household utensils. Mercer is also noted for his work with tiles.
- Moravian Pottery and Tile Works, — more of the Dr. Mercer legacy, part of the National Historic Landmark District known as The Mercer Mile.
- Doylestown Historic District — comprises the majority of Doylestown Borough developed before 1930.
- Peace Valley Park
- Doylestown Country Club
- Doylestown Library ... the main branch of the Bucks County Library System
School District: Central Bucks
Charing Cross Map
Abbey Circle • Bishops Gate Lane • Blackfriars Circle • Charing Cross Road • Gatehouse Circle • Kings Cross Circle • Picadilly Circle • Queensbury Place • Trafalgar Road • Victoria Court
Models / Floorplans: Pembrook, Somerset, Trent, Westminster