- HISTORIC SITES
- County Courthouse
- Montour Falls
- A. F. Chapman House
- Brick Tavern Stand
- First Baptist Church of Watkins Glen
- First Presbyterian-Hector
- Lattin-Crandall Octagon Barn
- Lee School
- Logan Methodist Church
- US Post Office-Watkins Glen
- Watkins Glen Grand Prix
- Weston Schoolhouse
The Schuyler County Courthouse is located at 105 9th Street, Watkins Glen NY 14891; phone: 607-535-8133.
Named for Revolutionary War Era General Philip Schuyler, a native of Albany and member of the Continental Congress, the county was formed in 1854 from parts of Steuben, Chemung and Tompkins Counties.
Location of the county seat flipped back and forth a number of times (during the 1850s) between Havana and Watkins (now Watkins Glen).
The first settlements in the county were made on Catharine's Creek near Havana in 1788, and, in 1790, along the shores of Seneca Lake.
- French, J.H., Gazetteer of the State of New York: Embracing a Comprehensive View of the geography, Geology, and General History of the State ..., Ira J. Friedman Inc., Port Washington, NY 1860