Montour Falls Village
Montour Falls Village Hall is located at 408 West Main Street, Montour Falls NY 14865; phone: 607-535-7367.
Originally called Catherines this village was the first seat of government for Schuyler County. It was incorporated in 1836. The former Chemung Canal passes through the village. The county seat was moved to Watkins Glen in 1861. The name was changed from Catherines to Montour Falls in 1890. Catherine Montour, for whom the village is named, was an Iroquois woman who married a Seneca Indian chief named Telenmut sometime during the 18th century, settling in this area.