Quaker Springs

About

Historic settlement. Quaker Springs derives its name from the fact that valuable springs existed there, and it was near the meeting-house where the Friends had met beginning in the late 18th century. It was claimed that the mineral springs were known to the early French and English voyagers many years before those of Saratoga Springs. In 1878 the property was owned by Isaac W. Meader. [1]

  1. Nathaniel Bartlett Sylvester, History of Saratoga County New York, 1609-1878, Everts & Ensign, Philadelphia, 1878.

Location

Streets

Blodgett Road • Lohnes Road • Quaker Spring Road • Route 32 • Route 67