Webster Village Hall is located at 28 West Main Street, Webster NY 14580; phone: 585-265-3770.
Webster was incorporated as a village in 1905, by its citizens who sought control and improvement of fire protection, sanitation, water, lighting, etc. The area that is now the village was settled in 1812 when James Spear built and operated the Stage Coach Inn. About that time Dr. William R. Ellis built a medical office and a general store. By 1830 Presbyterians and Baptists had erected churches. All of these were clustered around the location known as "Four Corners."