Delmar

About

The nucleus of the village of Delmar (formerly Adamsville or Adams Station) was a large hotel built in 1836 by Nathaniel Adams. A post office was opened in 1840 and Mr. Adams was appointed the first postmaster. The name was changed in the 1890s to Delmar. [1]

  1. Amasa J. Parker, editor, Landmarks of Albany County New York, D. Mason & Co., Publishers, Syracuse, 1897.

Location

Nearby

Adams Station • Park Edge Lane • Walden Fields • Westchester Woods •

Streets

Adams Place • Adams Street • Central Place • Delaware Avenue • Delmar Place • Dyer Terrace • Furman Place • Hallwood Road • Kenwood Avenue • Nathaniel Boulevard • Oakwood Place • Pine View Avenue • Route 140 • Route 443 • Taylor Terrace