Clark County Illinois
- HISTORIC SITES
- Archer House Hotel
- Harlan Hall
- John W. Lewis, House
- Manly-McCann House
- Millhouse Blacksmith Shop
- Robert L. Dulaney, House
Photo: John W. Lewis House, ca 1906, 503 Chestnut Street, Marshall, IL. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. Photographed by User:Nyttend (own work), 2011, [cc0-by-1.0 (creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed November, 2014.
The Clark County Courthouse is located at 501 Archer Avenue, Marshall, IL 62441; phone: 217-26-2811.
Formed in 1819 from part of Crawford County, Clark County is named for George Rogers Clark [1752-1818]. Clark rose to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel during the Revolutionary War. He is most regarded for leading troops to victory at Vincennes during the Illinois Campaign.
Darwin served as county seat from 1823 to 1839 at which time a county-wide vote resulted in the seat being moved to Marshall.
Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2018 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com
• 215-295-6555 • 1596