Jackson County Georgia
- HISTORIC SITES
- Braselton Historic District
- Commerce Commercial Historic District
- Governor L. G. Hardman House
- Holder Plantation
- Jackson County Courthouse
- Jefferson Historic District
- Oak Avenue Historic District
- Seaborn M. Shankle House
- Shields-Etheridge Farm
- Talmo Historic District
- Williamson-Maley-Turner Farm
Photo: W. H. Braselton House, ca. 1910, junction of Georgia routes 53 and 124, Braselton, GA. The Braselton Historic District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2001. Photographed by user:Chris Pruitt (own work), 2012, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed October, 2012.
Jackson County administrative offices are located at 5000 General Jackson Parkway, Jefferson, GA 30549; phone: 706-367-1199.
Spread over 1800 square miles when formed in 1796, throughout the 19th century parts of Jackson County were taken off to form parts of 8 other Georgia counties, whittling the land area down to nearly 1/6th its original size.
The county is named for James Jackson [1757-1806] who served as a U. S. Congressman, as a U. S. Senator and as Georgia's 23rd Governor.
Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2018 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com
• 215-295-6555 • 1454