Wetzel County West Virginia
- HISTORIC SITES
- New Martinsville Downtown Historic District
- North Street Historic District
The Wetzel County Courthouse is located at 200 Main Street, New Martinsville, WV 26155; phone: 304-455-0903.
Wetzel County was formed on April 6, 1846 in the home of Sampson Thistle, which stood at the corner of Jefferson and Main Streets. Ground for the courthouse was donated by Thistle and Presley Martin in 1848. 
- Michael J. Pauley, Historian and Michael Gioulis, Preservation Planner, Pauley & Gioulis, New Martinsville Historic District, Wetzel County, WV, nomination document, 1987, National Park Service, National Register of Historic Places, Washington, D.C.
Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
LivingPlaces.com © 1997-2019 • The Gombach Group • Contact