Pratt Town Hall is located at 200 Center Street, Pratt WV 25162.
The Town of Pratt, though not officially incorporated until 1905, was settled as early as 1781 and continued to grow and thrive throughout the 19th century. The Morris family were the first to settle in the area, establishing their homestead at Kelly's Creek. The Kanawha Baptist Church was formed in 1796 under the leadership of Elder James Johnstone. Dickinson Morris laid out the town in 1851 and named it Clifton.
In the late 1880's coal mining became the single most important economic activity in the upper Kanawha Valley. In 1889 the Charles Pratt Coal Company, which had extensive coal mining operations on Paint Creek, the most famed of the Kanawha Valley coal fields, made its headquarters here. The incorporation of Pratt in 1905 bearing the name of the coal company typifies the importance of that economic activity to the community.