Photo: Oviatt House (Moses Hooper House), ca. 1883, 842 Algoma Boulevard, Oshkosh, WI. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. Photographed by user:Royalbroil (own work), 2008, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed March, 2015.
The Winnebago County Courthouse is located at 415 Jackson Street, Oshkosh, WI 54901; phone: 920-236-4848.
When established as a county in 1847, Winnebago had a population of approximately 2,700. The first courthouse was built in 1859.