Home | Whats New | Site Index | Search

Ashland County, Wisconsin

Ashland County Photo

Photo: Home on MacArthur Avenue, ca. 1894, Chapple and MacArthur Avenues Residential Historic District, Ashland, WI. The Historic District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2014. Photograph by Traci E. Schnell, 2012, for nomination document, Chapple and MacArthur Avenues Residential Historic District, Ashland County, Wisconsin, NR# 14000266, National Park Service, National Register of Historic Places, accessed September, 2014.


TOWNS

The Ashland County Courthouse is located at 201 West Main Street, Ashland, WI 54806; phone: 715-682-7015.

Ashland is named for the Lexington, Kentucky estate of statesman Henry Clay [1777-1852] by one of the city's founders who was an admirer of Clay.

HISTORIC SITES