Mukilteo City Hall is located at 11930 Cyrus Ray, Mukilteo, WA 98275.
Following the signing of The Treaty of Point Elliot in 1855, the first white settlers J.D. Fowler and his partner Morris H. Frost settled in Mukilteo in 1860. Fowler was the first person to hold many positions in the County and Mukilteo including, the first County Auditor, Mukilteo Postmaster, Judge, and Notary Public. Mukilteo's wharf area (now the Tank Farm) quickly became the port of entry to the Snohomish River and led to land speculators anticipating a signficant "boom."
Following the World War II, Mukilteo incorporated in 1947 with a population of 775. The original boundaries encompassed 794 acres from Possession Point south to 76th Street SW. During the first 30 years of cityhood, the Mukilteo waterfront saw several changes including the establishment of Mukilteo State Park in 1951 and the development of the Tank Farm property as a U.S. Air Force fuel depot. During the Korean War, Paine Field was again used by the military and named Paine Air Force Base. Paine Field eventually transitioned from a military base into a general aviation airport. When Boeing chose to build a factory adjacent to Paine Field in 1966 to construct the new Boeing 747 jumbo jet, the area was on its way to becoming an aerospace manufacturing center. The Boeing factory has led to an influx of aerospace technologies into the area, including Mukilteo, which in turn made Mukilteo an attractive place for aerospace employees to live.
‡ www.mukilteowa.gov, accessed January, 2018