Dover City Hall is located at 625 Donelson Parkway, Dover, TN 37058.
Dover as described in 1939 
Dover, seat of Stewart County, on the south bank of the Cumberland River, was laid out in 1806 and, with the exception of four houses, was burned by Union forces in 1862 after the capture of Fort Donelson. The town was rebuilt later. For more than half a century before the War between the States, Stewart County was the center of the flourishing iron production in Middle Tennessee. There were 14 furnaces and forges in blast in the county. The furnaces closed during the war and most of them were destroyed. Several reopened in 1873 but only two were still open by 1898. None are in operation now.