Photo: Mason Place, ca. 1865, 600 Commerce Street, Loudon, TN. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1989. Photographed by User:Brian Stansberry (own work), 2009, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed June, 2013.
Loudon County administrative offices are located at 100 River Road, Loudon, TN 37774; phone: 865-458-4664.
While the county was established under the name Christiana in 1870, it was quickly changed to Loudon in honor of the British colonial-era (1756) Fort Loudon. The fort had, in turn, been named for the Earl of Loudon who commanded American and British forces during the French and Indian War.