Photo: M. F. Heller House (Arrowsmith House), ca. 1845, 405 West Academy Street, Kingstree, SC. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994. Photographed by User:Ammodramus (own work), 2013, [cc0-by-1.0 (creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed May, 2015.
Williamsburg County administrative offices are located at 201 West Main Street, Kingstree, SC 29556; phone: 843-355-9321.
In 1730 Williamsburg was a township, part of Craven County. The area that would become the county seat Kings Tree (or Kingstree) was settled at a location along the Black River by a group of Scotch-Irish Protestants in 1732. The county was named for England's King William III.