St. Matthews Town Hall is located at 316 Bridge Street, St. Matthews, SC 29135.
Located in what was a major cotton plantation area of what would become Calhoun County, St. Matthews as first settled about 1840. A post office had been established about 1840, known as Lewisville, in the legislative district known as St. Matthews Parish. Parishes were abolished in 1865. In 1866 Lewisville incorporated and changed its name to St. Matthews.