Franklintown Borough Hall is located at 116 South Baltimore Street, Franklintown PA 17323 .
Franklintown Borough was incorporated from Franklin Township in 1869 and named for the township (which itself had been named for Benjamin Franklin). It was laid out in 1813, in 186 lots, which were disposed of in a lottery wherein there were no blanks, each one drew a lot, the only difference being in value and choice of the lots. The original name was Franklin, but it was for a time called Buttstown, for one of the owners of the lottery.
Nearby Towns: Dillsburg Boro • South Middleton Twp • Upper Allen Twp • Wellsville Boro • York Springs Boro •