The Delta Borough Hall is located at 211 Main Street, Delta PA 17414.
The land upon which the Borough of Delta is built was deeded by the proprietaries to Alexander McCandless in 1744. The town, however, is of recent origin. William Orr built the first house within the borough limits. There was a collection of a dozen or more houses before any specific name was given. The citizens met, once upon a time, to decide upon a name. The word Delta was suggested and accepted. The fourth letter of the Greek alphabet is Delta, but the word in English is used to designate a triangular piece of land, drained by the different mouths of a river, and having the shape of the letter named.
The original post office was named "Mine Hill," established September 20, 1866, and situated in Harford County, MD. It was removed to the young village June 15, 1869, and changed to Delta. The court granted a decree incorporating the town into a borough June 24, 1880. The first municipal election was held August 30, 1880. V. G. Stubbs was chosen burgess, H. R. Loyd, H. C. Robert, E. J. Blain, T. A. Battie, Howell Williams and Robert Ramsay, councilmen.