Sutersville Borough Hall is located at 320 Municipal Avenue, Sutersville PA 15083.
Sutersville is a thrifty borough on the Youghiogheny River, and in Sewickley Township. It was laid out about 1870 by the late Eli C. Suter, who was a large owner of land on the banks of the river. It is four miles below West Newton, and has gradually increased in population until it now contains about 1200 people. Its chief industry is mining coal and making coke. It has splendid transportation facilities for these products on the Baltimore & Ohio and the Pittsburgh, McKeesport & Youghiogheny railroad. Its churches are the Catholic, Presbyterian and Methodist, each of which are strong societies.
The Allegheny and Westmoreland Bridge Company constructed a bridge across the Youghiogheny river at this place in 1896. It is about seven hundred feet long, and is a very handsome structure. The town was incorporated in 1902 by the courts of Westmoreland county. John Kellner was its first chief burgess, while Matthew Osborne, Samuel Rudebaugh, John Keegan, Louis Oberdick, Philip Rinehart and James Hopkinson were the first councilmen. Their first borough election was held August 16, 1902.
Suter's Ferry was a well established crossing at this place fifty years ago. It was owned and operated by Eli C. Suter, the founder and godfather of the town. He was a man of strong character, good business habits and great energy. As long as he lived he could not be otherwise than the leader of his community.