Delmont Borough Hall is located at 77 Greensburg Street, Delmont PA 15626.
Delmont Borough, incorporated in 1833 — at the time named New Salem Borough — and was originally known as Salem Crossroads. Early settler William Wilson (ca. 1785) surveyed about 300 acres and named the area for Salem Massachusettes in his home state. The Greensburg road (north-south) was built through the village about 1800 and the William Penn Highway (east-west) was completed in 1819, making the town a popular stagecoach stop. Thomas Wilson (William's son) laid out and sold 48 building lots in 1814. The borough's name was changed to Delmont (which means Valley in the Hills) in 1967.