Elkland Borough Hall is located at 105 Parkhurst Street, Elkland PA 16920.
Elkland — Erected from Elkland Township, April 10, 1840. Named for the township of which it now contains almost the entire territory. Baker Pierce was the pioneer settler, closely followed by the Taylor family, consisting of Mrs. Permelia Taylor and her three sons, Ebenezer, Philip and Mitchell. Samuel Tubbs built the first mill, which Colonel Lemuel Davenport acquired and operated as early as 1820. Then tanneries, lumber mills and furniture factories, foundries, and others gave employment to many hands. The Elkland Tannery was one of the largest in the country. The post office was opened July 4, 1821, John Ryon postmaster. Population in 1940 was 2400.