Blossburg Borough Hall, 245 Main Street, Blossburg PA 16912.
Blossburg — Incorporated from Covington Township, August 29, 1871. Named in honor of Aaron Bloss, who settled near present Covington in 1801. During the building of the Williamson Road, in 1792, veins of semi-bituminous coal were discovered by Robert and Benjamin Patterson. In 1806 Aaron Bloss located here and gave the place its name. Aside from the extensive coal mining operations the town became an industrial center, with excellent railroad connections, and repair shops. Seat of Blossburg State Hospital. Medical springs and agriculture contribute to the industrial life. The late Hon. William B. Wilson, Secretary of Labor, was a resident of this borough. Population in 1940 was 1955.