Stoystown Borough Hall, P.O. Box 323, Stoystown PA 15563.
Stoystown was incorporated as a boro in 1819.
Stoystown is located in north central Somerset County on a wide plateau of the Appalachian Mountains. The location chosen by namesake Daniel Stoy, who laid out the first town lots in 1778, is just south of Stoney Creek. The site is also located along on the approximate route of Forbes Road (1758), later replaced by a series of turnpikes referred to as the Pennsylvania Road, completed by 1818 (later the route of the Lincoln Highway). By 1798, the movement of settlers along the state's major route for western immigration made Stoystown along with Greensburg, "the only places of considerable size between Bedford and Pittsburgh on the Pennsylvania Road, " according to John C. Cassady in "The Somerset County Outline and Supplement" (1923). Stoystown was incorporated in 1819. The oldest extant resources date from ca. 1820, soon after the completion of the Pennsylvania Road and incorporation of the village.
See: Stoystown Historic District.