New Buffalo Borough Hall, P.O. Box 245, New Buffalo PA 17069.
The following advertisement shows that New Buffalo Borough was laid out before Perry County was formed:
"A New Town-The subscriber has laid out a town called New Buffalo, consisting of eighty-one lots, at Baughman's Ferry, in Buffalo Township, Cumberland County, at the junction of the roads leading from Sunbury and Lewistown. The site is elegant, being situated in a healthy part of the county, and in a neighborhood that, for the rapidity of its improvement for some years past, is not excelled by many in Pennsylvania. And as the boat and raft channel lies near the west side of the river, this place affords the only safe and convenient landing for many miles above Fahter's Falls. It lies about fourteen miles above Harrisburg, and affords many inducements for the industrious mechanic and enterprising dealer. On the south margin of the town is a grist and sawmill. A lot, No. 61, the largest in town, is reserved by the proprietor for the purpose of a place of worship and a school house for the use of the town."
The town was plotted and named Baughmanstown after Jacob Baughman, the man who laid it out. It was changed to New Buffalo and incorporated as a borough, April 8, 1848.