Limestone Township Offices are located at 270 Laidacker Road, Milton PA 17847.
Limestone Township was originally part of Derry Township and was erected into a separate community in 1816. Its broad and fertile fields constitute one of the richest agricultural sections of the Montour County. A noted settler of Limestone was Henry Gibson, who was a surveyor by profession. Joseph Gibson, one of his great-grandsons, was the oldest resident in 1886. The Gibson family were remarkable for their longevity; Henry Gibson, a grandson of the original Henry, and the father of Joseph, lived to the ripe old age of eighty-two years, eight months, passing away in 1860. The Gibsons were not only locally prominent, but their influence and reputation extended to many sections adjacent to the vicinity where they lived. The Balliets, another early family of Limestone, were descended from ancient lineage. They could trace their ancestry back to the Crusaders. The first of their ancestors to arrive in America reached Allentown, Pennsylvania, in 1749, and later a branch emigrated to Limestone. Probably the next oldest settlers of Limestone were the Davises, who came to America in 1754. The Gougers were also among the early settlers of the vicinity, and the name of John William Gouger descends to modern times as an example of pioneer citizenship and manhood. Jacob Shultz was a pioneer of Limestone and a soldier of the War of 1812 and passed away in the township where much of his life was spent. Among the other early settlers were the Follmers, one descendant of which family served the county as associate judge.