Tylersport was the largest settlement in Salford Township. It was originally named Cressmanville until a post office was established in 1842. The postmaster renamed the village Tyler's Port in honor of John Tyler who succeeded William H. Harrison as President. In 1880, the village had 50 houses, a "segar" factory, a Belgian block factory, and 224 inhabitants.
Allentown Road North • Allentown Road South • Ridge Road