Newton Hamilton Borough, P.O. Box 63, Newton Hamilton PA 17075.
The site of Newton Hamilton was originally a tract of land warranted to Hugh Brown in 1762. At his death, sometime prior to 1783, ownership passed to Margaret Hamilton. The town was laid out in 1802, and up to 1807 she sold lots described in deeds as "in the general plan of Newton Hamilton." She may therefore be credited with the origin of the name. No explanation is given for the "Newton," unless it was express disfavor in the use of Hamiltonville by the early inhabitants in and around the hamlet. A post office was established about 1836 and the borough was incorporated in 1843.