Montgomery Borough Hall is located at 36 South Main Street, Montgomery PA 17752.
Montgomery was incorporated as a borough March 27, 1887. Its first name was Black Hole, changed to Clinton Mills in 1853; but when the post office was established, May 25, 1860, it was called Montgomery Station for Robert Montgomery who owned a carding mill in the borough. Cornelius Low was the first settler, in 1778. He was followed five or six years later by John Lawson and Nicholas Shaffer.
The first business enterprise was a distillery operated by P. M. Barber in 1859. He also made the first plot of the town. Among the earliest industries of Montgomery were sawmills, a carding mill, and a planing mill. In 1870 the Montgomery Machine Shop was established, which for many years did a thriving business, employing at one time about 250 men. Furniture manufacturing and upholstering and the manufacture of leather specialties are the present industries of the borough. The population in 1930 was 1,903.