Cummings Township, P. O. Box 117, Waterville, PA 17776.
Erected in 1832 from Brown and Mifflin Townships, Cummings was named for Associate Judge John Cummings. Pine Creek flows through the center of the township and Little Pine Creek flows from the northeast. The first white settler was John English, who came in 1784. English settled here when the territory was practically a wilderness. Seneca Indians still inhabited the region and frequently passed his cabin. Many summer cottages were built near Waterville.