Township offices are located on Route 2, Linden, PA 17744; phone: 570-322-6281.
Erected in 1844 from Old Lycoming Township, Anthony was named for Judge Joseph B. Anthony. During the period of the Indian wars it was part of the "Fair Play"  territory. One of the first 3 German Baptist churches in America was founded here. Bruce Caldwell was the earliest settler.