Jeddo Borough Office, R.R. 1, Box 1269, Freeland, PA 18224.
Jeddo was named for Jed Ireland. A part of the borough extends into Foster Township, and in this portion is the railroad depot. A short distance below this is Foundryville, where Merrick had his foundry; it is now a station and mining town.
Jeddo was authorized to form a borough in 1871, but has neglected to perfect any of the machinery of such a municipality. The Woodside colliery is here and is operated by Mr. Markle. The employees about the mines to the number of 350 constitute the population. The past ten years has noted an increase in its population of eight souls. And yet it is not at all envious of Chicago.
Nearby Towns: Beaver Meadows Boro • Foster Twp • Freeland Boro • Hazleton City • Weatherly Boro •