Buck Township administrative offices are located at 114 Buck Boulevard, Bear Creek PA 18602.
Buck Township was formed from Covington in 1833, and derived its name from George Buck, who was one of its early settlers, and who kept the first tavern, afterwards known as Terwiliger's. John Nagle was the first settler in Buck. He built his log cabin on the old Sullivan road, near the Lehigh, in 1782, fourteen miles from any human habitation. Conrad Sox, Justice Simonson, Samuel Wildrick, and Thomas Tattershall settled here soon after. Mr. Simonson is nearly one hundred years of age, and within the past four years has walked to Wilkes-Barre, a distance of fifteen miles.
The first saw-mill was erected in 1806 by Hugh Conner, on the site of Stoddartsville, and in 1816 the first church was built there by John Stoddart.
Beaver Lake, in Buck township, is one mile in length and a half mile in breadth. It is the source of Pond Creek, which flows into the Lehigh.
Nearby Towns: Bear Creek Vlg Boro • Tobyhanna Twp •