Dunmore Borough Hall is located at 400 South Blakely Street, Dunmore PA 18512.
Dunmore Borough was incorporated in 1862 from Providence Township (now extinct) and named for the fifth Earl of Dunmore in England. The Earl's son, Sir Charles Augustus Murray, had an interest in the area and promised financial assistance to Henry Drinker to build a railroad over the Moosic Mountains to the Delaware River. In gratitude, Mr. Drinker urged the people of "Bucktown," the village's earliest name, to call the place Dunmore. Sir Charles Murray never set foot in Dunmore, nor did his financial help for Drinker's project ever materialize.