Home | Whats New | Site Index | Search

Dalton Borough

Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania

Dalton Borough Hall is located at 109 South Turnpike Road, Dalton PA 18414.
Phone: 570‑563‑1800.

Neighborhoods

Dalton Borough was incorporated in 1895 from North Abington Township and named in honor of Dr. Edward Dalton, a Civil War surgeon and superintendent of the New York City Board of Health. The borough was originally known as Bailey Hollow from the predominance of families of that name who were pioneers in the area. Agriculture and lumbering were the only industries in the borough until the building of the Leggetts Gap, a division of the Lackawanna Railroad, in 1850. [1]

  1. Lackawanna County Department of Planning and Economic Development, County Lines, Scranton, 2008, www.lackawannacounty.org, accessed October, 2009.