Coalmont Borough Hall, P.O. Box 337A, Axton PA 16678.
This town is in the coal fields of the southern portion of the county. It was established as a result of the growth of the mining industry. At one time the site of the town was a camp meeting ground. The Huntingdon & Broad Top Railroad established a station there and after 1843 houses were built and a town developed. Borough privileges were sought and obtained on November 11, 1864. The population was 228 in 1910; 220 in 1920 and 159 in 1930.