Cassville Borough Hall, P.O. Box 215, Cassville PA 16623.
In 1796 Benjamin and Robeson Chilcott or Chilcoat laid out a town in the south central part of the county. It was known as Salisbury and Chilcoatstown until 1849 when a committee of citizens were authorized to select a new name and Cassville was chosen. By an act of the legislature Cassville was incorporated as a borough on March 3, 1853. The population has decreased from 1910 when it was 165 to 133 in 1920 and 111 in 1930.