Borough municipal offices are located at 108 Main Street, Ridgway PA 15853.
Ridgway as Described in 1924 [†]
Ridgway is the county seat, It was laid out in 1843 and named for Jacob Ridgway, Philadelphia, who was United States Consul at Antwerp. The Courthouse, at center of town, was built in 1872. It is brick, with a clock tower, surmounted by a large statue of Justice; it stands in a well-kept park with jail in the rear. Main Street is very wide, paved with brick and has many fine residences. Forest Lawn Cemetery contains the Hall and Hyde family mausoleums and a large community mausoleum built in 1912.
† Archambault, A. Margaretta, ed., A Guide Book of Art, Architecture, and Historic Interests in Pennsylvania, John C. Winston Company, Philadelphia, 1924
Nearby Towns: Johnsonburg Boro •