Saegertown Borough Hall is located at 603 Erie Street, Saegertown PA 16433.
Saegertown is pleasantly situated upon a beautiful plain on the east bank of French Creek and on the A. & G. W. R. R. and is distant six miles north of Meadville. It is surrounded by some of the best farming lands in the county. It was organized as a borough in 1851. It contains three churches, (Reformed, Lutheran and M.E.) a fine school building, two hotels, two stores, two groceries, a tin shop, two copper shops, four blacksmith shops, two shoe shops, one millinery and three dress making establishments, a large flouring mill, a saw mill, lath mill, gun shop and about 500 inhabitants. The population in 1870 was 441.