Home | Whats New | Site Index | Search

Crossingville

Cussewago Twp, Crawford County, PA

Crossingville [1], situated in the northwestern portion of the township, was formerly known as Cussewago Crossing, so-called from an Indian trail, which crossed Cussewago Creek at this point. John Hagany was the first settler. The place contains scarcely more than a dozen dwellings, but is quite an early settled hamlet. Two churches—Catholic and United Brethren—a schoolhouse, two stores, one hotel, two blacksmith shops, a shoe shop and a cheese factory may also be found here.

  1. History of Crawford County Pennsylvania, 1885, Warner, Beers & Co., Chicago

Street Names
Lavery Road